Honestly one can’t really convince me to read a book online. E-books to me is an absurd idea.
Synonymous to paper, ink and a fine bound cover; thats what I can only call; a book. I have my reasons and I am sure many would agree with them. The Top 10 reasons I wouldn’t replace the artefact with any of the touchscreens available are:
1. I love the scent of paper; old, new, torn, yellow or glistening fresh… I just love the scent of it!
2. With so much of the world computerized, reading a book is a definite treat to my nerves, eyes and most of the parts of my body!
3. Holding a book gives a different feeling altogether. Its just simply more human friendly…you can sleep on it! Eat with it and and snap… just close it and tug it under your pillow!
4. Most importantly you do not need to recharge it and certainly you own a piece of entertainment which doesnt for once require electricity!
5. And ofcourse, characters, moments, situations feel more real with the real printed text. The black and white text contains a wonder of flavor and colors which a glaring screen just cant do so!
6. Sharing a book with friends may be a diminishing concept but those who do so really enjoy the worth of it. Ofcourse you can share online but then you can also chat online and never really meet your friends…
7. And the best part is you can read your book in any posture you like and really dont need your hand’s index finger again n again to swap and locate.
8. Plus you can always enjoy all the fancy bookmarks your received as gifts and even the awesome ones you made it!
9. The illustrations are more attractive on paper than the ones on the screen which we are ‘oh so immune’ to !
10. And lastly I love collecting them and to me a well kept book shelf is the best decoration item in any room!
An orthodox ‘book-ie’,